A Deceased Donor and an Estate Gift
When a donor passes they may choose to leave the charity a bequest in their will.
This is how we recommend handing the bequest and linking it to the donor's profile.
1. We suggest the use of a BQDON campaign to collect bequests gifted during a fiscal year.
2. An entry in the bequest campaign will most often be a corporate record with the name Estate of name of the deceased.
3. The contact for this record will be the person or persons responsible for handling the estate.
4. On the deceased Private Donor record, where one exists as they have been a supporter of the charity, we have created a Shared Donor Summary so that all gifts while alive and in death are accumulated for recognition purposes.
5. Note the Recognized As field which now reflects the status of this donor.